Relevance: Technician/ Service Advisor
An inaccurate estimation would cost you the money and the effort you put to run your workshop. Besides, the excessive time spent by technicians or service advisors in figuring out the right estimation is another drawback of manually creating an estimate without any standardization. There are innumerable ways in which things can go wrong while creating an estimate and Autorox GMS helps you dodge all those errors with a state-of-the-art estimation creation feature. Here's how you can create an estimate of the repair/service on Autorox GMS:
Sequence of steps:
Dashboard > Open Job Card > Enter the Parts and Labour Charges based on Customer Concerns > Click on the Print Icon for Hard Copy of Estimation OR Click on E-mail Icon to Send Estimation to Customer via E-mail
1. Enter the required parts by typing in the exact part name or a related keyword
(Autorox’s smart system auto-suggests the part names based on an in-built catalog
of millions of parts!).
2. Enter the required part number directly if the part number is available or the
the system can automatically assign/generate a unique part number.
3. Enter the quantity of the part required, the price per quantity & labor charges for that particular part as per your judgment. You could also enter the time required for service completion (or use the predefined time for every service). Click on the "+" button to proceed.
4. For time-based pricing, the system would auto-populate the pricing based on predefined labor rates (as per vehicle segment & hours mentioned in the labor charts). Note that these rates are pre-populated only when they are predefined in labor charts.
5. If you wish to change the labor hours while selecting the services on the estimation page, you could do that. You just have to update the hours and accordingly, the pricing based on predefined hourly rates will be automatically calculated and displayed.
6. Note that the hourly rate can only be set at the admin level and so a user cannot change the hourly rate.
7. Set the discount rates for each part (if applicable) and send the estimation to
customer via email or hard copy (by printing) for approval.
8. Following is the copy of the estimation’s hard copy. The customer will also receive an email with estimation details, where they can accept or reject the estimation by
mentioning a reason.